- Min / max altitude:1083m / 1620m
- Elevation gain / loss:+537m / -70m
- Altitude where difficulties start:1300
- Difficulties lenght:320m
- Main facing:N
- Route type:loop / walk down to the base of the climb
- Global rating:PD
- Commitment grade:not filled in
- Free climb grade:4c
- Quality of in-place protection:P1 (well bolted)
Situated above the village of “Les Bois”, the latest of three “Via Cordatas”, set up to the right of Voie Caline, on the slabby rocks of Mottets (north facing).
From the heliport in Les Bois cross the river Arveyron (bridge) and take any of the mountain bike trails, (except the “Montee de Pepe). These all ascend to a signpost “sommet de la norvege”. (Start of the Via Corda Alpina). Follow the path to the right around three hairpins, to a cairn and a dead tree in the form of a hockey stick, (also a name plate on the rock.). If you get to a sign post “Voie Caline” you have gone too far.
The route consists of 19 pitches with an average length of 25 metres, well equipped with bolts and easy to follow, (either bolts or cairns.) At one point you will see the bolts of Voie Caline over to the left Princesse finishes at an obvious rust coloured dome.
There are some pitches of 4 and the penultimate pitch is 4c. However. the climbing is never sustained.
From the last belay, follow faint tracks and cairns to the “Buvette des Mottets”, refreshments available. From here follow the path back towards Chamonix, and after about 20 minutes take the sign-posted turn off on the right, which brings you back to Les Bois.
- An enjoyable outing, technically slightly harder than the Via Alpina and Voie Caline.
- Beware of the pine needles!
- 40m rope
- 10 quickdraws
- some slings
No Picture is linked to this document